Saturday, July 18, 2009

Le Finale

The $64,000 question over the last few weeks has been, "What was your all-time favorite show?"  Friends asked me.  Family asked me.   Radio DJs and newspaper writers asked me.  Checkout clerks at Krogers asked me.

Well, last night's show might very well have been my favorite.  Thanks to everyone who came and sang along and danced and clapped and made us, for one last night, feel on top of the world.  Thanks to the friends that joined us on stage:  Brigid Kaelin, Paul Moeller, Peter Searcy, Ellen Carpenter, Kyle Meredith, and Aaron Walther.  Each one brought something unique and special to the songs.  It was a magical night — a wonderful way to go out.  (And to top it all off, the Reds won their game against the Brewers 4-0!)

Here's the setlist for those of you playing the "The Last Show" board game at home:

Beautiful Goodbye
When the Morning Comes
Elizabeth
Wake Up
Slip Away
When I Fall
Seventh Sign
Warning Sign
Ellen's Song
Gravity
Paris to New York
Through My Door
Happy inn
Breathe In Breathe Out
Hundefuter
Fool
Sylvia
Kerouac
The Stripper Song
Lights of Louisville
Working My Way
Untitled (encore)

R
robdidntstartthefire.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. ... stupid thing just ate my comment, trying again. Thank you for posting the setlist. I think the video I got of Hundefuter is just going to be a lot of shakiness, I was laughing so hard as I sang along. This was definitely one of the best shows I've ever been to, and I thank you for doing it.

    - Shari, with an A ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to find you're other blog, i hope i can sign up with rss feed, dont see it anywhere though. you should have gone with a wordpress blog my friend :) still can

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rob, what an incredible run my friend. I remember Happy Inn, Grounded at BSU, Colonnade impromptu show, Headliners, a frigid WKU show at the bell tower, TidBalls, and finally the last show. All unique memories.

    Good luck on your next endeavor, whatever it brings!

    I hope their will be some MP3's floating around from the last show!

    PS- GO CUBS! I was in Chicago this past weekend for the sweep. Thanks for the help.

    ReplyDelete